Quick response of Harrison Township fire department has saved a house from an late morning fire.
Shortly after 11:30 a.m. this morning, Nikki Keaton and her daughter was home when she smelt smoke coming from near the dryer. There was a tube that was next to the hot water heater that was on fire. Keaton quickly threw the tube out the back door, but didn’t clear the back porch.
The fire then quickly spread to part of the back porch and up the back siding of her home. Harrison Township quickly responded and knock down the fire out saving the home.
The home was owned was owned by Chris and Nikki Keaton located at 8643 South Dutch Hinkle Road in Southern Knox County.
Petersburg Fire Department was called to assist but were called off as they arrived on scene.